Monday, October 27, 2008

Correspondence over Myspace with my friend Bonnie

I got in touch with my friend Bonnie and she briefly explained the process, and where she looked to find out how to do it...I guess that I could go on Martha Stewart's site too... I'm pretty into this. It's weird. I bought a sewing machine? Cool.

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: M****
Date: Oct 26, 2008 2:55 PM


Hey Bonn-

That pillow- The ControlC ControlV pillow.

I am wondering what that process is called. I have a project due where I have to learn how to do an art or craft on youtube or videojug... and I would like to make something like that pillow that you made. Lemme know dude. dude. dued.

Marshall

----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: B*****
Date: Oct 27, 2008 10:41 AM



Hi!

It's really just a form of quilting. But instead of triangles I did squares and rectangles. I just drew a picture of what I wanted on the pillow case, life-sized, and made sure there were right angles everywhere so I could sew it all easily on a machine. You might notice there are seams within some of the letters...but since the letters are one color, you can barely see them...
Then you cut out the pieces and give them seam allowance (add maybe a quarter inch to a half inch on every side of every single piece). I numbered the pieces and drew a numbered key of the original image so i wouldn't get mixed up. It was a little tedious but really easy actually. You can probably look up how to quilt or make quilted pillow cases online...and they can give you some how-to steps. I think I originally learned a little from a Martha Stewart magazine...

Helpful?

-B

No comments: